|Matthew after his first hair cut, mama kept the curls long that time|
Age Appropriate Chores
Matthew (1year & 4 months old)
This is not his chore list it is just a list of things that I think babies can help with at a year old to start teaching them to help. From the moment a child is born it is our responsibility to train then to become adults that can function in society and make a positive impact on the world around them.
- · Help get himself dressed by putting his arms in the sleeves etc .
- Help clean his own face and hands
- · Practice eating with a spoon
- · Fold hands and pay attention to prayer at dinner and says amen at the end.
- · Help put away toys
- · Follow directions when asked to do something like sit in time out
- · You can guide him in doing things to teach him like shutting off lights getting dishes out to set the table with having him carry the ones that are plastic and helping him place them on the table.
- · Also guide him in clearing the table and putting away the things that are plastic such as ketchup or mustard and seasonings.
- · Throw away trash
- · Guide him in cleaning up spills
- · Help mop by holding the mop with you
- · Wipe furniture or walls with a rag or use socks on his hands to help dust. (not using harsh chemicals and this is something that we can start closer to 2)
- · Water garden with you
- · Help pick up toys in the yard
- · Start using his manners
- · Help put clothes in drawers such as socks and underwear.
- · Help put the items in the bathroom back in the proper place with direction.
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.