Chicken stews a very simple and quick cheat.
Boneless skinless chicken: had Jim cut it in cubes and we put it in the pressure cooker. (I only buy boneless skinless chicken.)
Potatoes I boiled them in 2 things of Swanson Chicken broth
We then added canned peas, mixed vegetables, Green Beans and corn to the broth while the Potatoes were cooking.
Seasoned this with Pepper, Salt, Garlic And seasoning salt
I forgot the onions. Once the meat is done you mix it in with the rest and cook it until it comes to a gentle simmer.
2 cups of flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. soft margarine or butter
1 ½ cups of milk
1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2. Cut in butter that's been kept at room temperature or use soft margarine.
3. Stir milk lightly into the flour and adjust amount to make sure that you have moist dumpling dough.
4. Drop dumpling dough into the liquid by teaspoonfuls or for larger dumplings use a tablespoon. Cover your pot with a lid so that the dumplings can steam.
5. Check them after about 10 minutes and see if they are done by cutting into it. It should be like bread on the inside and not doughy.
6. They need to cook for a total of about 25 minutes but keep watching them as I am not good at remembering how long things take to cook. Times vary based on heat etc.