Emmy Rossum Sentimental Journey Out on Cd 1/29 /2013
Something that my husband and I have in common are a love of oldies music. We have a collection that I am not sure many people our age would have. I was excited to get a copy of this Cd for review. Before I agreed to review it, I looked Emmy up on Youtube and found this great Video.
In my opinion, She does best at the slower songs on this album but does a good job on all of them. In the first song, she reminded me of Doris Day. No one can sing Pretty paper like Willie Nelson, if your a fan, but don't take that out on her. She did a great Job! It sure does look like she had fun making the videos. She fits the part in the old clothes so well. The background vocals are great and the band did a great job with the music. It takes you back in time even if you have never been there!
You may already know Emmy from her role in The Day After Tomorrow or The Phantom of the Opera. At that time she had just hit 18. She is now all grown up and starring in the Showtime series Shameless with William H. Macy. She also stars alongside Emma Thompson and Viola Davis in the upcoming feature film Beautiful Creatures, which hits theaters on February 13th.
The song tracks are listed here:
You can buy this CD at Amazon by clicking on the link here.
- “Sentimental Journey” (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
- “The Object Of My Affection” (Pinky Tomlin)
- “I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover “(Mort Dixon, Harry M. Woods)
- “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
- “(I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time” (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
- “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
- “Many Tears Ago” (Winfield Scott)
- “All I Do Is Dream Of You” (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
- “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out” (Jimmy Cox)
- “Autumn Leaves” (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prévert)
- “Things” (Bobby Darin)
- “Pretty Paper” (Willie Nelson)
Disclosure: I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. I received a free copy of the CD to facilitate my review. By posting, I am eligible for incentives. All opinions stated are my own. I belong to the Amazon Affiliate network as well.